Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Audioslave - Like a Stone (Acoustic)








Audioslave - Like a Stone (Acoustic)

Intro: Am , G , Em , F - 4x

    Am     G
On a cobweb afternoon
   Em            F
In a room full of emptiness
    Am      G
By a freeway I confess
 Em              F
I was lost in the pages
Am        G
Of a book full of death
Em                F
Reading how we'll die alone
Am                      G
And if we're good we'll lay to rest
Em          F
Anywhere we want to go

(Chorus)
 Am      C        G      Am
In your house I long to be
Am       C    G     Am
Room by room patiently
     F           Am
I'll wait for you there
G      Am         F           Am
Like a stone I'll wait for you there
  E
Alone

INTRO - 2 Verse

     Am       G
On my deathbed I will pray
  Em               F
To the gods and the angels
      Am       G
Like a pagan to anyone
   Em              F
Who will take me to heaven
Am         G
To a place I call
Em             F
I was there so long ago
Am
The sky was bruised
G
The wine was bled
   Em               F
And there you led me on

[Chorus]

    SOLO

F          C
 And on I read
E                  F
Until the day was gone
     Fm       C
And I sat in regret
  G                  Am
Of all the things I've done
   F            C
For all that I've blessed
   E             F
And all that I've wronged
Fm                C
In dreams until my death
      E
I will wander on


[Chorus]

E                 F
Alone... Alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...