Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2018

W.A.S.P - The Great Misconception of Me









W.A.S.P – The Great Misconception of Me

 Em              D                 C              Am 
"Welcome to the show, the great finales finally here,
D C               D                   Em
I thank you for coming into my theatre of fear;                                                               
 Em              D                C             Am
Welcome to the show, you're all witnesses you see,
D   C              D                 Em
A privileged invitation to the last rights of me.

 Em        D             C    D AmEm
"Remember me? You can't save me,   
        G       D        Em
 Mama you never needed me;
 Em          D             C  D    Am   Em    
  No crimson king, look in my eyes, you'll see,
  G         D                 C             D
 Mama I'm lonely, it's only me, it's only me.
                                                                         
    Em                D                
"I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be,
C                            Am   D
I don't wanna be the crimson idol of a million                                                                    
  Em                D                
I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be,
C                            Am   D           Am
I don't wanna be the crimson idol of a million eyes, of a million"
                                                                                                             
  Em                       D                   
"I am the prisoner of the paradise I dreamed,
   C         Am        Em            Gm  Em
the idol of a million lonely faces look at me                                                                                                                          
  Em                                       D                
Behind the mask of sorrow, four doors of doom behind my eyes,
     C         Am              Em               Gm Em
I've got their footprints all across my crimson mind                                        

Chorus:                                       
  Em         D       C             D             
"Long live, long live, long live the King of Mercy,
Em         D      C     Am D
Long live, long live, There is no               
  Em              D        C     D
"love to shelter me, Only love, love set me free;
 No  love to shelter me, Only love, love set me free"

  Em                         D                  
"I was the warrior, with an anthem in my soul,
    C             Am          Em             Gm  Em
the idol of eight thousand lonely days of rage ago                
  Em                      D                         
And remember me when it comes your time to choose,
    C               Am    Em            G    Em
be careful what ya wish for, it might just come true
                                          
[Chorus]

  B             B6      B      
"Red, crimson red, am I the invisible boy?
       B        B6            B     
The strap on my back...    ahhhh"
                  (ah ah ah ah ah)

   B            B6   B
"Red, crimson red, no I was never to be. Only
    B           B6   B
   one crimson son, no it never was me"




F#m                     G#/E                    
"Living in the limelight little did I know,
          D                      E
I was dying in the shadows and the mirror was my soul    
         F#m                G#/E                         
  It was all I ever wanted, everything I dreamed,
          D                      E
But the dream became my nightmare and no-one could hear me scream
                                       
       F#m                  G#/E            
"With these six-strings, I make a noose,
       D                  E
to take my life, it's time to chose
      F#m               G#/E         
The headlines read of my demise,
   D  C#             C#
of my suicide, of my suicide.

  F#m               E                  
"Oh sweet silence, where is the sting?
      D             E
I am no idol, no crimson king
 F#m               E                     
I'm the imposter, the world has seen,
      D                    E
my father was the idol, it was never me

 F#m                E                
"I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be,
D                            Bm   E
I don't wanna be the crimson idol of a million             
 F#m                E                
  I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be,
D                            Bm   E          Bm
I don't wanna be the crimson idol of a million eyes, of a million"
                                             
  Em              D        C     D
"love to shelter me, Only love, love set me free;
No  love to shelter me, Only love, love set me free"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...